If you're a Videographer, you may want to:
• check Latest News for up to the minute industry happenings
• sell your old gear in our industry-wide Equipment Classifieds area
• buy new gear in the Buyers Club and save big
• post in the Industry Events Calendar that you're doing a camera workshop in your area (don't forget to offer a discount to other DVPA members)
If you're an Editor, you may want to:
• check the prices in the Buyer’s Club, you’ll probably save hundreds
• go to the Online University to view a training video
• post your Demo Reel in our Gallery.
• use our Stock Video Directory
If you're an Animator, you may want to:
• plug into the Online University to stay current on the latest version of your favorite app
• add a render farm to your computing setup; the representatives in the Buyer’s Club can not only help you configure it, but will also get you the lowest price available on the hardware you need.
If you're a Graphic Designer, you may want to:
• check out over 400 hours of Photoshop training in the Online university!
• go back to the Online University to start learning Adobe After Effects
• go to the Buyers Club to pick up some new software
If you're a Student, you may want to:
• access a half a million dollars in training… for FREE! Just jump onto the Online University
• search for a better school than you are currently at in our Film Schools Directory
• jump out our industry announcements and find the career that best matches your skill set and location preference
If you're an Educator...
One of the hardest jobs in the DV Industry is that of the Educator. You not only have to be good at one program, but you have to have a working knowledge of ALL programs. Add to that your knowledge of shooting, lighting, sound recording… and most teachers’ brains are about to explode! While we can’t change the nature of your job, we hope we can make it easier.
• check out our Latest News as one consolidated source for all of the industry’s news and information
• check out our Online University as one consolidated source for you to get the training you need
• check out all of the consolidated resources where you can point your students for the latest news, discounts and training
And then, when your school no longer supports you with the funds to upgrade your video lab that you so desperately need…
check out our Film Schools Directory which is also helpful in finding poorly treated educators a new school that will support their efforts! (Shhh… don’t tell Administration.)